Many customers request information on how to save money and get the most out of their move. We have put together a short list of moving tips for you:
- Clean out your attic storage areas and garage prior to your move. Donate all unwanted items to a local charity or have a yard sale.
- Breakdown all beds, disconnect all appliances; including defrosting your freezer 24 hours prior to move date, as well as audio and video components.
- Pack a suitcase to keep with you for the first night after your move. Ideal contents should include: clothes for the following day, toilet paper, tooth brush and toothpaste, shampoo, soap and other essential items you may need. Doing this will prevent you from digging into boxes, looking for things you need once you have moved. Make sure this suitcase and other items are not being moved, and are kept separate in the house.
- Anything besides large items you would like our associates to move will need to be in a closed, sealed box.
- Remember to complete a change of address form with your local post office, three to five days prior to your move.
- Create a packing checklist.
- Pack all loose items and breakables
- Prepare phone system for your new location
- Disconnect all computers and fax machines
- Remove items from desk drawers and file cabinets, including lock pins and dividers
- Tape keys inside file drawers
- Confirm operating hours for moving
- Some office complexes require that moving is allowed only after hours and/or weekends
- Most office moves require that a certificate of insurance be submitted with the Management Company named as the loss payee
- Request that as many elevators be dedicated to your move as possible
- Reserve the designated parking areas for moving day